About Ozone Zipline Adventures
Ozone Zipline Adventures is a department of YMCA Camp Kern that was launched in July 2009. Created as a response to the decline in traditional Outdoor Education school groups attending camp, proceeds from Ozone will help Camp Kern’s school programs whose OE experience has been jeopardized by budget constraints. With Ozone up and running, Camp Kern will be able to keep the OE experience affordable to area schools and provide greater assistance to the schools for residential camp experience.
Check out Fox 8 at Ozone Zipline!
What should I expect?
Guests will suit up and fly on zip lines breezing through and above the canopy of the Little Miami River valley. Two tour guides will escort each group of up to 8 participants from platform to platform. We offer 3 different tour options (plus night zipping!) that will have you traversing sky bridges, and zipping to and from a 45 foot tall multi-level central zip tower.
As an educational canopy tour guests will get an insight into everything from 500 million year old fossils to 2000 year old Native American earthworks, to current issues of water conservation and habitat loss, to local flora and fauna from our professional tour guides. Ozone Zipline Adventures will delight riders with its unique vantage point to view millions of years of history while providing thrilling experiences riders won’t soon forget.
How it all works…
- 2 Ozone Tour Guides will lead each group of up to 8 guests on their chosen tour (Ultimate tour can accommodate 10 guests per tour).
- One guide will cross zip line 1 to be the ‘receiving guide’ while the other will be the ‘sending guide.’
- The ‘sending guide’ will send guests one at a time across the zip line and will then zip across themselves, before the whole process starts again for line 2.
- All zip lines start and end at a platform in the trees and the platforms range in height from 20ft to 50ftwhile the lines themselves range from 15ft to 200ft in height (due to the lie of the land).
- Lines range in length from 250ft to 1300ft.