Rules and Safety
Safety is our number one priority at Paint Zone and our staff are required to ensure that all games are being played in a safe manner, with equipment that is safe for all involved. Furthermore, we require all games to be played in a friendly manner, adhereing to our four core values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
Every player will be required to sign a Waiver and a Rules Policy. Minimum age to particiapte at Paint Zone is 13 and all guests younger than 18 must have a parent / legal guardian with them or a signed and notarized waiver.
Our Safety Rules
- Goggles must be worn in play area at all times
- Barrell socks must be used in staging area
- Paintguns must be chronographed on site, below 250 feet per second (fps) before play
- No blind shooting
- No bonus balling or overshooting eliminated players
- No bunkering (shooting someone at point blank range)
- If you are less than 20ft from an opposing player you must use the surrender rule to eliminate them from play
- Do not pick up or use old paintballs (they will jam your gun)
- No physical contact with other players or referees
- No verbal abuse, profanity, slurs or name calling against any players or employees at any time
- No arguing with referees. Decisions are final.
- No jumping over, or on top of bunkers.
- No shooting in areas other than the designated field of play. This includes staging areas, parking lot and other fields in area.
- Paintguns must be bagged when transporting to and from the field of play.
- No unauthorized equipment, unless otherwise approved by on site supervisor. The following will not be permitted: paintguns without trigger guards, multiple burst firing guns, laser sights, knives, paint grenades, paint mines, smoke grenades and all firearms. No spiked cleats of any kind.
- Absolutely no paintballs other than those purchased on site to be used.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs are allowed.
- No smoking in any area of YMCA Camp Kern.
- No throwing paintballs at any time.
- No running or roughhousing in staging / check in area.