Downloadable forms for parents of summer campers:
YMCA Camp Kern’s 2016 Parent Planner
(All the drop-off, pickup, packing list and general camp information you can handle!)
(We need this to keep the kids safe and healthy!)
Join us at a Camp Kern Open House!
Come out to Camp Kern for a day of family fun! Tours of camp, refreshments and summer camp food samples, the Climbing Wall, Canoeing and the entire camp to yourself are yours to enjoy. Bring the whole family for this free Sunday afternoon at camp. Summer Camp counselors will be on hand to answer any questions you may have, and to lead tours. No reservations required, just show up on the day!
Open House dates for 2016 are: April 10th and May 15th from 1:00pm to 5:00pm.
Reasons to Choose Camp Kern
We are affordable for everyone. See some ways that we are helping families make camp more affordable.
- Our first priority is the safety of our campers. This is shown through our continued accreditation with the ACA (American Camp Association) standards. In order to maintain compliance, Camp Kern must adhere to over 200 Safety, Health, and Program standards.
- All staff go through a vigorous application process, including background and reference checks, as well as, an extensive interview. In addition, all summer camp staff are required to attend week long training at camp, with additional training offered for skills such as life guarding, archery instruction, ropes course instruction, and equestrian instruction.
- We are situated on 485 beautiful acres in Warren County conveniently located between Cincinnati and Dayton.
- We pride ourselves in the vast program choices we offer campers. There is a program to interest every camper at Kern. From horseback riding, to science, to teen adventures, we have a program for everyone!
- We offer a progressive program that allows campers to return year after year to try new challenges and adventures.
- At YMCA Camp Kern, we will do everything we can to accommodate campers with special needs or dietary restrictions. If you have any concerns about your camper, please contact us at 513-932-3756.