YMCA Camp Kern, as always, is committed to the safety and well-being of all our campers, guests and staff. The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty in the world, but rest assured our team here at Camp is working hard to update our guests, improve our processes and make the best of this situation. This page will remain active as long as is necessary and will be updated regularly. Here are the latest developments:
- We are following the guidance of the CDC, State Government, Warren County Health Department and the American Camping Association.
- Summer Camp Registration is still open, as we are hopeful that we can operate as normal, providing a million magical memories to thousands of campers this summer. Depending on what the future holds, camp may look and opearate a little differently, but we are busy working hard to prepare for anything and everything.
- We have thoroughly reviewed and updated our cleaning and disinfecting procedures to ensure the safety of all camp guests, across all our programs. This includes increased cleanings, hiring of a 3rd party cleaning company and intentional program revisions to emphasize good hygiene.
- The following programs have been cancelled until further notice:
- Trail rides and Riding Lessons
- March Kids Night Out
- Spring Camp
- April Open House has been replaced with an online open house experience. Check out our Facebook page for more details.
- CIT Retreat
- We will continue to monitor and make decisions on future programs and post updates here.
- All our Environmental Education and Rental Groups scheduled for Spring 2020 have been contacted, and we are starting communication with groups scheduled for this summer and beyond to begin planning. If you have questions, please get in touch with your Camp Kern contact.
- We will update this page constantly, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at 513-932-3756 or using the contact us form.
- Stay safe, stay healthy and we can’t wait to see you around the campfire very soon!