YMCA Camp Kern, as always, is committed to the safety and well-being of our campers, guests and staff. The COVID-19 pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty in the world, but rest assured, our team is working hard to update our guests, improve our processes and make the best of this situation. We will update this page as needed and if you have any questions do not hesitate to get in touch.
- We strongly encourage all camper families to review the specifc Summer Camp Summary.
- Summer Camp 2020 looked very different to years past, but we successfully served 650 residential campers with zero cases of COVID that we are aware of.
- This summer will have more program offerings and greater capacity than in 2020, but we will not be offering all the programs of 2019. A list of programs can be found here.
- Final decisions on cabin capacities, social distancing, mask wearing etc. have been made and are based on CDC guidance along with our own experience from last summer.
- You can review ACA / YUSA Guidance here.
- We are also following guidance and developments from CDC and the Warren County Health Department.
- We have thoroughly reviewed and updated our cleaning and disinfecting procedures to ensure the safety of all camp guests, across every program. This includes increased cleanings, hiring of a 3rd party cleaning company and intentional program revisions to emphasize good hygiene.
- We will continue to monitor and make decisions on future programs and post updates here.
Non-Summer Camp Programs and Groups:
- We are accepting reservations for trail rides and lesson students at Circle K Ranch.
- We are taking school and group rental reservations. Please contact us if you wish to hold an event with us.
- Ozone Zipline Adventures and Paint Zone Paintball are closed until further notice.