Cabin & Program
The purpose of this set-up is to allow us to operate a safe and meaningful camp experience within the State Mandates. We understand some of these items will be disappointing for campers (and staff!) but we are limited in what we can do.
- This is probably the biggest change for 2020. Cabin size will be limited to 6 campers (7 in rare cases) and 1 or 2 counselors. This 'cabin group' will stay together for the entire week and will maintain social distancing of at least 6ft from all other cabin groups and counselors.
- Masks will not be required for campers, except in special circumstances (such as a weather emergency) where multiple cabin groups will be in the same building.
- Bunk beds will be placed 6ft apart from each other and campers will sleep head-to-toe. Sharing of some items will be discouraged (flashlights / books for example) and prohibited in some cases (sunscreen / water bottles for example).
- Cabin groups will use showers at scheduled times to avoid overlap with other cabin groups.
- Please click here for a full list of cancelled and adjusted programs.
- Check-out for all programs will be Friday evening, not Saturday morning.
- In general, cabin groups will rotate around many of the activities that campers know and love at camp. Archery, BB's, Climbing, Canoeing, Fishing, Hiking, Giant Swing, Low Ropes, Nature, Gaga, Swimming and more. Some activities will be limited based on total camper population in a week and our normal age restrictions.
- Large group activities are prohibited by the State mandates, so traditional items such as pool parties, 'all camp' campfires, camp dance and underseige will either be canceled or conducted as small cabin groups in a large open space. Our camp staff is working hard to make these activities as magical and meaningful as possible.
- Camp-out night and off-site field trips will not happen this summer.
- Please also check out the miscellaneous page for some other updates to the camp week.