Mask Wearing At Camp
A new public health order was released on July 22nd, making mask wearing mandatory in Ohio as of 6pm, July 23rd. Read the order here. Below are the latest details on how this will affect summer camp programming. We will update this page as necessary for other programs at camp (Riding Lessons, Boarding, Group Rentals etc.)
Based on the Governor’s Mask Mandate, and after discussion with the Warren County Health Department, the following guidelines will be in place during Summer Camp Operations. Some of these policies have been in place since camp opened this summer, but it never hurts to repeat them!
- Campers aged 9 or under will not be required to wear a mask.
- Campers with a medical condition will not be required to wear a mask. If this applies to your camper please let us know asap.
- Campers / Counselors / other camp staff will wear masks in all buildings / shelters. This does not apply to counselors and campers while in their cabin / bunk room / yurt etc.
- Campers / Counselors will wear masks when at outdoor activities such as campfire, closing ceremonies, camp dance and all indoor activities (nature center or indoor arts and crafts, for example).
- Campers / counselors are not required to wear masks while actively exercising or involved in sports outside (such as hiking, canoeing, climbing, playing gaga, horse back riding etc.)
- Campers (and parents / guardians) will wear masks at check-in and check-out.
- Campers / counselors are not required to wear masks while eating.
- Cabin family groups (6 campers and 1 or 2 counselors) will continue with no mingling of cabin groups.
We ask that all campers attending camp to bring a mask or two, but we also have a supply of masks if campers forget one or lose it while at camp.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and, as always, contact us with any questions.