Mask Wearing At Camp
A public health order was released on July 22nd, making mask wearing mandatory in Ohio as of 6pm, July 23rd. Read the order here. Below are some details on how this will affect camp. These policies have been created based on the current Governors Order and in conjunction with the Warren County Health Dept.
Summer Camp 2021
- It is too early to make a final decision mask wearing for campers / staff for the 2021 summer season. We will continue to monitor the situation and hope that we will have less restrictions than in 2020.
Group Rentals and School Groups
- Guests aged 9 or under will not be required to wear a mask.
- Guests with a medical condition will not be required to wear a mask.
- Guests are not required to wear masks while actively eating.
- Guests are not required to wear masks if they are outdoors and only with members of their household.
- Guests are not required to wear a mask if they are outdoors and able to maintain at least 6ft distance at all times from other guest that is not a member of their immediate household.
- Guests / camp staff will wear masks in all buildings / shelters, except for guests in in accommodation / cabins.
- Masks are not required when actively exercising or involved in sports (running, hiking, climbing, swimming, canoeing, active games etc.)
- Guests / camp staff will wear masks when at outdoor activities such as campfires, ceremonies and non-active activities such as playing cards or arts and crafts.
- Guests and camp staff will wear masks at any form of 'check-in'.
- Masks will be worn by all guests while being served at the counter in dining locations.
- Masks are encouraged to be worn by all Participants whenever possible. We remind Groups that any employee in the State of Ohio is required to wear a mask while at work, although there are exceptions that can be found at the Ohio Dept. of Health website.
- YMCA Camp Kern Staff will wear masks whenever they are required to be within 6ft of a Participant and whenever they are in a building.
We ask that all guests attending camp to bring a mask or two, but camp can provide masks if guests forget / lose theirs.
Trail Rides, Horse Boarding and Equestrian Lessons
- Masks are required while in the general barn area, inside the barn, in the riding arenas or in the office.
- Students / guests aged 9 or under will not be required to wear a mask.
- Students / guests / instructors with a medical condition will not be required to wear a mask.
- Students / guests are not required to wear masks if they are outside and able to maintain at least 6ft distance from any other person, although they are encouraged.
- Masks are not required when actively riding, or when at least 6ft distance can be maintained from any other participant not in immediate family, although they are encouraged.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and, as always, contact us with any questions.