Horseback Riding Trails
Join Us For a Scenic Private Ride!
Circle K Ranch offers group trail rides year round. The trail lasts about an hour and takes participants on a scenic tour of YMCA Camp Kern’s expansive grounds. We will provide trail-safe horses and friendly, knowledgeable guides for each group.
We advise that you contact us at least two weeks in advance to book your ride, as our schedule fills up quickly, especially on weekends.
Please note that unless you book a "Private Experience" (see below), you may be joined by other participants for the trail ride.
Discounts available for Girl Scout Troops, see below.
Due to current COVID restrictions, no trail group will have more than 8 participants. For other COVID related safety precautions please click here.
- Trail Ride (ages 8 and up): $30 per participant.
- Pony Ride (ages 4-7): $25 per participant. Please note that each rider under 8 will need a responsible adult, willing and able to walk alongside the horse, leading them on the trail.
- Private Trail Ride Experience: prices as above, plus an additional $50 fee.
- Birthday Party Experience add-on: prices as above, plus $10 per participant. Includes an additional 45mins -1 hour pony pampering experience.
- Girl Scout Troops: $25 per participant for trail ride. Badge work add-on is $10 per participant (includes 45mins - 1 hour horse science, grooming and badge).
A 50% deposit is required when making your reservation. This is refundable up until 2 weeks prior to your trail ride.
All trail riders must be at least 4 years old and must weigh less than 250lbs. Riders between 4 - 7 years old must have a responsible adult to lead the horse or pony while walking on the trail.
Booking a trail ride (or questions!)
Camp Kern Trail Ride Waiver & Release of Liability: For guests taking a horseback trail ride while at camp (minors require a copy of this form signed by their parent / legal guardian).