Camp offers three options for schools to choose from, giving groups the flexibility to match the needs of their students with our program offerings. Each option is focused on delivering high quality, standards driven curriculum to students, while giving them the chance to appreciate the outdoors and bond with classmates and teachers over common successes and challenges.
Schools typically stay at Camp Kern for three days enjoying a wide range of educational, teambuilding and general camp activities. Students also participate in a variety of Kern staff led evening programs.
Camp provides all meals and (depending on group size) programming. We also have options for two to five day experiences.
- Traditional residential outdoor education with a character development focus.
- Activities include: Natural History and Science, Pioneer Ohio, Team Building and Camp Activities (e.g.: Campfire, canoeing, archery, etc.)
- An emphasis can be placed on current Ohio academic content standards specific to your grade level.
We offer school day length experiences and also extend day options which can include meals and an after dinner campfire or other activity.
- A single day program at your school or at Camp Kern, designed to fit your specific needs.
- Choose from the same activities as our overnight groups
Bringing camp to the classroom, our In-School Program is designed for school groups that wish to remain at the school, but bring some of the excitement and enthusiasm for learning that stems from our outdoor based curriculum. This program is typically focused on living history based on re-enactments, interactive historical stations and teambuilding/leadership development activities, but as with all our programs can be tailored to meet the specific needs of each group.